Moelis is going through a period of growth driven by a number of factors including a sharp increase in M&A activity, winning the Saudi Aramco deal, and losing a number of junior candidates to Private Equity firms. We were charged with another agent to find 6 analyst candidates to bolster the junior ranks. Salaries ranged between £55-80k depending on level.
To meet the deadlines set by the client it was important we took a targeted and focused approach to ensure we attracted the correct talent for the roles whilst making sure we accessed all possible candidate options available at that time:
The interview process was an initial soft meeting (2×30 mins), a second round of 3×30 min technical interviews with a 60min case study, then a final round of 2×30 mins with Managing Directors.
We took the following steps to ensure success:
- Spent time with all hiring managers to ensure we only provided candidates with the profile, and ensured we could answer all initial questions that the candidates would have over the role and company
- Drew up a target of competitor banks where we could headhunt the best and brightest candidates.
- Met all candidates prior to submission
- Provided candidates with full profiles of everyone they were due to meet, and fully debriefed them the minute their meetings were completed.
- Ensured all candidates were capable of completing the case study by asking for examples of their work and prepared them for technical questioning.
- Ensured at all stages that financial and timing expectations were managed.
We received 4 offers for the 6 open positions, and all were accepted within 4 weeks of engagement. We have subsequently been engaged on Associate and VP level hires.