Directly shadowing and learning from the Treasury Officer, extensive partnering across the finance function and meaningful involvement with MI reporting: our Birmingham-based client, a nationwide Housing Association, is offering all of this and more with their temp-to-perm Treasury Assistant opportunity. If you are a talented prospect in the accounting world who is immediately available and eager to manage a lot of responsibility from the get go, this opportunity could be perfect for you.
The Treasury Assistant will be tasked with conducted month end reconciliations (including deposit investment, bank and cash forecast) as well as maintaining the integrity of prepayment and accruals journals and assist in producing the annual budget. On top of this, the successful candidate will be asked to investigate variances in predicted forecasting figures.
You’ll get the golden chance to establish yourself as a prominent figure in the finance team as you report to senior stakeholders on a variety of matters, from development appraisal reviews to credit checks. Maintaining relationships with external stakeholders, such as banks and other financial institutions, will also be required – as such, a stellar communicator would be ideal.
Ideally, you will:
- Be immediately available, part qualified in CIMA/ACCA and have experience in a similar Treasury Assistant position.
- Consider yourself driven, diligent and analytically-minded, with a keen eye for detail.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment, whilst also being able to work well independently.
- Have intermediate Excel skills (e.g., VLOOKUPS & PIVOT TABLES).
In return, you will receive:
- A fantastic role within a noble organisation dedicated to serving those less fortunate – not only will your work have a tangible impact on the future of the finance team, but by extension those who are in need.
- Direct mentorship under the seasoned Treasury Officer who is both willing and eager to share years of experience with you.
- A great deal of autonomy and responsibility from the get go, as you hit the ground running and make a lasting impression.
- A variety of company-exclusive benefits upon going permanent, including study support, a pension scheme, company-sponsored social events and more.
If this Treasury Assistant role appeals to you, or you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch – we look forward to considering your application!