We have had a really exciting Trainee Accountant opportunity become available for a large retail business we are working with who is based to the east of Birmingham, just past the Birmingham Airport. This position here will be working with the Head of Tax department and will have you being responsible for a variety of tax tasks. The ideal candidate for this role will have a relevant qualification, will have most recently been working in an Accountancy Practice and must have a strong understanding of tax.
The ideal person for this role will have recently completed a relevant qualification such as an Accounting and Finance degree, or be AAT qualified. Additionally, as mentioned, the ideally candidate will have previously worked within an accounting practise for at least 6-12 months. This position does involve liaising with different departments within this retail business so the successful person will need to be a strong communicator and be confident when it comes to presenting and speaking with different departments and with different managers at any level. This role is also a temporary to permanent role, so we are ideally looking for people who are immediately available or on a short notice period.
- Have a relevant qualification, such as an Accounting and Finance degree or be AAT qualified.
- Have previously worked within an Accountancy Practise.
- Have a strong understanding of Tax or an interest in becoming knowledgeable in a tax role.
- Be immediately available or on a short notice period.
What you will receive
- An incredible trainee accountant opportunity, working alongside a qualified head of department, within a large and well-known retail business.
- Have hybrid working options, this position is only required to be in the office 1-2 days a week.
- Have on-site parking options for the days you are in the office.
- This business offer study support for when the position goes permanent and the manager of this team is very passionate about progression and growth within their team, so will be very supportive about training the successful person in a wide variety of things.
If you are have recently completed relevant studies within finance and you have experience working in a practise, as well as an interest into getting in a tax role then please apply now! We are very eager to speak with people about this position and to help get the successful person started as soon as possible!