An amazing job opportunity has become available in a well-known business in the Birmingham City Centre, this position is for an Accounting and Finance graduate who is looking to kick start their career within a respected business. This position will be supporting the Head Accountant with a range of finance responsibilities, these include VAT returns, reconciliations, journal postings and analysis of financial statements. This position is a 12 months fixed-term temp contract, so please only apply if you are immediately available or on a short notice as we are not able to wait for a notice period of over 2 weeks for this role.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain exposure in a range of accounting responsibilities, you will also get to work alongside qualified accountants. This business is the type to recognise talent and therefore if you are in this role and doing an excellent job, there is nothing stopping you from getting the contract extended or even being taken on permanently, this business nurture talent and will give the right person a platform to progress and grow within their career. This position is looking to get started as soon as possible so if this position sounds like something you would be interested in then please submit your CV.
Ideally, you will:
- Be immediately available or on a one week notice, this position is looking to start quite quickly – so please do not apply if you are on a 2 week or more notice.
- Have completed an accounting and finance degree, alternatively being AAT qualified would also be acceptable.
- Have strong excel skills, as processing data on excel, generating reports, conducting analysis and updating spreadsheets are a large part of this role.
- Have a tenacious, ambitious attitude about you, we are looking for someone who is hungry to learn and eager to get their career started.
In return, you will:
- Work for a well-known business that will look great on your CV, who also recognise talent and will keep hard working staff.
- This business offer an amazing study support package, if your role was to convert to permanent you would have the option to complete further qualifications.
- Have the opportunity for hybrid working, as this business offer 2-3 days working from home each week.
- Work alongside qualified accountants who have a structured training programme to help new staff settle in, and who also like to nurture their staff into becoming the most competent versions of themselves.
If you like the sound of this role then please submit your application now!