An exciting property business, based in the Birmingham City Centre, are looking for a Junior Service Charge Accountant on a temporary basis. This role here is expected to last a minimum of 3 months with the potential to extend and even go permanent. However, even if this role only lasts for 3 months this is an incredibly exciting opportunity, as we are only asking for applicants with general accounts experience (Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger, etc.) for this role. So if becoming a qualified Accountant in a property business is a goal of yours, this is a great way to gain some exposure to head in that direction!
The ideal candidate for this role will be someone with prior Accounts Payable experience who has touched on reconciliations and potentially journal posting responsibilities. All of these skills will give you the transferable skills to learn the responsibilities involved in this role which are related to preparing service charge accounts, reviewing expenditure and budgets and analysing variances. This role is looking to start as soon as possible so please only apply for this role if you are immediately available.
- Be immediately available or on a one week notice, this position is looking to start quite quickly!
- Have previously worked within a finance role, where you gained exposure to Accounts Payable and reconciliation tasks.
- Have strong excel skills, as processing data on excel, generating reports and updating spreadsheets will all be part of this position.
- Have strong attention to detail as you will be reviewing expenditure and budgets and looking for discrepancies and variances.
What you will receive
- Have the opportunity to gain Property finance experience as well as Service Charge Accounting experience even without having touched on this before.
- Work for a well-known, respected property business based in the Birmingham City Centre.
- Take on a temporary role that has the opportunity to extend and potentially go permanent.
- Work for a business that if the role does go permanent they offer great progression opportunities and benefits (study support)
If you have the experience that our clients are looking for and you think you are the right fit for this position, then please submit your application now to hear more about this amazing opportunity!