An incredible opportunity has come up for an Accounts Assistant to join this smaller finance team within a hospitality-based business near the Birmingham Airport. This role here will be responsible for assisting with sales ledger, purchase ledger and banking tasks. Additionally, the successful person will also be supporting the Financial Controller with a range of tasks, including management accounts so if you are someone with a strong amount of transactional experience looking to gain exposure in more areas of finance then please apply now!
Ideally we are looking for someone who has prior finance experience, you role will including raising invoices and chasing them, monitoring and reconciling the bank, assisting with processing payment by entering hours into the system and reconciling that these all balance. Any prior experience with month end tasks will be beneficial but it is not essential as this role will require more than anything just a really strong attention to detail and someone who has initiative to push on and always be thinking about the next step. This role is a temporary position and will be temporary for 6 months with a potential to extend or maybe even go permanent!
- Previous experience with finance (sales ledger, purchase ledger, banking etc.) and ideally some experience within month end but this experience is not essential just desirable.
- Confident when using Microsoft excel, as this role will constantly be working with reports and reconciliations on excel.
- Be able to work in the office 5 days per week- this is a full time office based role
- Be an exceptional communicator, with the ability to build relationships with all types of people with ease, this role here involves a lot of face-to-face interactions with customers, employees and external parties.
What you will receive
- An amazing opportunity to take on a broad role within a supportive team where you can gain exposure in a range of financial responsibilities, really expanding your skill set which will help with your own progression going forward!
- A supportive and personable team environment, this is a smaller team of 4 but everyone pushes on together and works together towards a common goal with a great attitude along side it.
- Free onsite parking and access to a range of the facilities within the business.
- A competitive hourly rate for what is a great trainee opportunity.
If you have previous finance experience and are immediately available or on a short notice period then please apply now, we are ideally looking to move very quickly with this position and hopefully have someone in the role as soon as possible!