We have had an exciting Sales Ledger Assistant position become available within a manufacturing business based just outside the Birmingham City Centre. This role is particularly exciting as our clients are looking to bring someone in with some light experience (12-18 months) and take them on within the trainee role and support them into this standalone Sales Ledger assistant role. This role here is part of a wider finance team, however they are wanting someone to take charge of this ledger and these key accounts and really take ownership of the role – perfect for someone who takes pride in their work and wants to have the opportunity to show that in the work place!
This role will be a great mix of responsibilities, it will include; raising invoices, reconciling bank statements, allocation of cash, investigating unidentified transactions, resolving finance queries, chasing overdue debt and being an account manager for some of the key finance accounts, among a few other responsibilities. This role will differ day to day and will be a great challenge for someone who is looking for something broad and interesting to keep them busy! This role is a temporary to permanent role, however something that is exciting is that this business are offering a salary increase at the time the position converts over to permanent (at the 6 month mark)!
- Ideally you will have prior finance experience, it will be extra beneficial if this is from a sales ledger type role.
- Be a strong communicator who is happy to be a face for the key accounts and be eager to approach internal and external parties to resolve finance queries.
- Be confident on excel, a lot of the investigation and reconciliation tasks will require excel so be familiar with this.
- Be immediately available or on a short notice as this role is looking to begin before Christmas!
What you will receive
- An exceptional training opportunity within a wider finance team, the training provided for this business is next to none and the ongoing support from the senior team is outstanding. The successful person will have all the tools to grow and succeed within this role!
- Work within a supportive and personable environment, one that has been known to recognise talent and offer progressive opportunities to allow that to grow!
- Secure a role that is stable before the Christmas period.
- Once the role goes permanent receive a range of company benefits, including study support.
If this role sounds like something you would be interested in and you think you have all the skills to be the right fit for this role then please submit your CV now!