Mitchell Adam is working with a PE backed service business that is undergoing significant transformation and growth underlined by recent acquisitions in the last 12 months and continues to grow at pace. This position will be overseeing the finance team of a recently acquired business, owning the management accounts process and handing over to the Financial Controller. This role will give the right candidate an 18 month programme to progress into the Financial Controller position in the near future.
Managing a finance team, the successful candidate will have full responsibility for, amongst other things, the integrity and timely completion of group reporting and financial planning, guiding the business through the annual budgeting and forecasting process, the production of board reports and presentations, providing an insightful business-partnering service to budget holders across the business and the provision of meaningful commercial analysis aimed at continually improving profitability.
Ideally, you will:
- Have experience of preparing financial analysis and management reports / management accounts, balanced with some commercial experience that demonstrates effective business partnering qualities;
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with a confident communication style, preferably having had exposure to dealing with senior managers (non-finance) in order to influence them to embrace recommended improvements to controls, and obtain key information from them to tight timescales;
- Have demonstrable organisation skills, allowing you to easily balance concurrent projects and a busy workload, effectively prioritising duties for the benefit of the business;
- Be a self-starter with tangible initiative – the role will need a proactive person who can initiate and manage their own priorities / workload in order to be successful.
In return, you will:
- Join a growing, commercially-focused, successful and fast-paced organisation that will provide genuine opportunities to develop your career and skill-set;
- Gain varied exposure in a diverse role, giving you great financial, operational and commercial experience in a business with an aggressive and defined growth strategy;
- Have the exciting opportunity to improve the reporting function (and all associated processes), establish your own ideas, implement continued improvements and influence decisions in a senior level role, helping to further sharpen your commercial acumen;
If you are an experienced qualified Accountant looking to assume a broad and varied senior role in a growing and successful business and enjoy fantastic career opportunities? If so, then this is a role to explore further…