A large, established and successful independent retail organisation of accountants based on the outskirts of Birmingham are looking to appoint a new Senior Tax Manager to head up and develop their indirect tax development and service offering. Working closely the Head of Tax and Head of Operations of this ambitious organisation, this role will broadly see you develop the VAT process offering of via effective leadership, building collaborative relationships internally and externally, designing and delivering innovative and effective tax-planning strategy services, capitalising opportunities to develop new business via outward marketing and networking. Your tax expertise and technical know-how will place you well to offer this organisation better control and compliance as well as better strategy and forward planning, helping you to deliver the planned growth effectively. Your success in delivering the growth of the tax department will be rewarded with career development.
Ideally, you will:
- Have an impressive background in indirect tax, with an in-depth technical understanding of indirect tax legislation and effective tax planning strategies;
- Have operated at Manager level in the tax department of another business, experience working within retail would be highly advantageous.
- Be ACCA or ACA qualified, having also preferably gained a CTA qualification;
- Be ambitious, confident, commercial and driven – qualities that will help you identify opportunities to quickly grow the tax department in a credible and innovative fashion.
In return, you will:
- Enjoy the challenge of taking an established tax department and helping it to realise its untapped potential
- Be rewarded for your success with a Partnership role in the future;
- Enjoy a market-leading salary at a forward-thinking, commercially-focused and ambitious business with added incentives and rewards based on your success in delivering the required growth of the tax department;
- Enjoy an opportunity to build a professional profile and be highly visible in the organisation, delivering a constant professional message to appropriate audiences regarding tax issues.
This is an exciting opportunity for a knowledgeable Indirect Tax Manager to work with an ambitious organisation and genuinely develop / grow the tax department. If this sounds exciting, please apply!