This large, successful non-profit business in Worcester is looking to appoint a new Head of Finance after a recent internal promotion.
As the no.1 in the department, you will be providing strategic & financial leadership for the entire organisation and will work closely with the board to supply high-level strategic information relating to the financial performance of the organisation – advising on key decisions and the strategic direction of the business. You will also ensure the organisation meets compliance an and governance standards required, providing accurate reporting and detailed direction on financial audits – improving processes and compliance, as well as addressing any issues with compliance swiftly and professionally. You will also work with all departments of the business in ensuring that the financial and operational standards are always adhered to, as well as advising on performance and analysing results and processes (looking at areas that require improvement).
You will have an opportunity to champion continual change and improvement in a forward-thinking and progressive environment, and lead the organisation towards continued improvement and strategic success.
Ideally, you will:
- Have experience of managing and developing a finance team with tangible leadership qualities;
- Demonstrate good examples of your ability to manage change – particularly implementing and streamlining system / process improvements and improving controls in a changing environment;
- Have amassed some notable achievements in another senior-level finance role, specifically regarding improvement of processes and successfully contributing towards strategy;
- Have an eye for detail, for your ability to analyse data and quickly identify trends & areas for improvement is crucial;
- Be a positive person with great relationship building skills and communication skills.
In return, you will:
- Work for a forward-thinking, high-profile organisation in an environment of continuous improvement;
- Have the autonomy to change and implement your recommended improvements instantly to make a difference to the efficiency and performance of your team’s output;
- Enjoy a market-leading salary and a comprehensive benefits package – with the added benefit of free on-site parking and flexible working hours;
- Work in a challenging yet approachable culture – this business prides itself on fostering open communication and collaborative working relationships across all levels of the business.
This is a great opportunity for an accomplished senior finance professional to gain the opportunity to effect positive and meaningful change on a large organisation, enjoying autonomy and great opportunity to make an impact in an open and engaging environment.