Mitchell Adam is working with an emergent property development and construction business that is undergoing a sustained period of growth. They are now to appoint an assured Financial Controller in their Coventry office to help support the growing number of different development & construction projects they are managing across the UK.
Reporting directly into the MD in a stand-alone role, the successful candidate will provide full financial support to the entire business, including the preparation of monthly management accounts (including detailed analysis and commentary), compilation of the board report, business partnering with senior operational staff (providing guidance on budgetary performance issues, and interpreting board-level strategy into meaningful business-level management) – as well as providing project accounting and general financial support to contract and project managers. You will enjoy a broad and varied role, though will have transnational duties looked after by staff at head office, meaning you can focus on adding value and business-partnering.
Providing accurate and insightful strategic financial information for several senior operational and project managers (both internally and externally with contractors), you will assume a key role in the finance department of a growing business – affording genuinely exciting opportunities for career development.
- Have demonstrable organisation skills, allowing you to easily balance concurrent projects and a busy workload, effectively prioritising duties for the benefit of the business;
- Have proven experience of providing financial support of a commercial & operational nature to a wide audience in an SME environment (experience in another construction business would be advantageous but not essential);
- Ne a self-starter with tangible initiative – this is a relatively stand-alone role, so will need a proactive person who can initiate and manage their own priorities / workload in order to be successful in this role;
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with a confident communication style, preferably having had exposure to dealing with senior managers (non-finance) in order to influence them to embrace recommended improvements to controls, and obtain key information to tight timescales.
What you will receive
- Join a growing, commercially-focused, successful and fast-paced organisation that will provide genuine opportunities to develop your career and skill-set in a short space of time;
- Gain exposure to a varied portfolio of high-profile projects, giving you great operational and commercial experience in a large business;
- Have the exciting opportunity to establish your own ideas and influence decisions in a business-partnering senior level role, helping to further sharpen your commercial acumen;
- Receive a leading benefits package and a competitive base salary that is regularly reviewed to reflect performance.
A great opportunity for a proven qualified Accountant to assume a broad and varied FC role in a large and successful business, develop their commercial experience and enjoy fantastic career development opportunities as a result.