I am current working on a retained basis with a successful, established and fast-paced private equity business in Birmingham (hybrid working on offer) who are looking to strengthen their core finance function with the appointment of a high calibre Financial Controller.
This role will work within the core finance team and be responsible for the accounting of all investment activity and business operations, lead the tax reporting for the team, and support the delivery and development of financial reporting. The position has come about due to substantial recent growth amongst a number of other contributing factors.
Assisting the CFO and slotting into a growing financial accounts department, your focus will be on helping to add value to the business and improve current processes as well as providing accurate and timely financial accounting for the entire business working with senior stakeholders – making this opportunity more commercially-focused than a large majority of technical finance positions.
Ideally, you will:
- Have an excellent technical accounting background ideally coming from audit within one of the top 10 practices, with prior knowledge in either financial services or private equity
- Be ACA or ACCA qualified and looking for a genuine opportunity to advance, progress and develop your career in a large forward-thinking business
- Demonstrate great presentation skills with the ability to present information clearly and concisely to senior stakeholder both in and outside of the business
- Have real drive, enthusiasm and ambition to enable you to play a key part in the businesses further growth
- Demonstrate an interest in, and a talent for, the commercial side of business – understanding how your role can impact on the wider business as a whole and vice-versa
In return, you will:
- Work in a large, proactive, fast-paced business during a period of rapid and exciting growth (prospects for longer-term career opportunities)
- Have an excellent variety within your role, every day being different working alongside numerous departments of the business
- Gain exposure to the commercial operations of a business in a financial accounting department that are proud of their unique approach towards actually adding value to the business
- Become an important part of the financial accounting team, helping to contribute in a meaningful way to business improvements and strategic direction
- Enjoy a good level of autonomy in your role, where you will be encouraged to initiate projects and initiatives to help improve process, procedures and reports in your area
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious individual to work at a senior level in a successful and forward-thinking international business – enjoying good career prospects, unique commercial exposure and a market leading package.