This national retail business in Birmingham is looking to appoint an experienced Financial Controller to take ownership of the finance function due to a re-structure in the business to change the way they operate.
This role will see you provide valuable commercial support to high-value contract customers, robust financial controls to many sites and the provision of management accounts (incl. detailed variance analysis, KPI reports and commentary) for senior operational staff – information used to directly inform important commercial business decisions on the contract. You will also be involved in managing a team, operational planning and be heavily involved in spearheading cost-saving initiatives for the company.
Ideally, you will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACCA or CIMA) with demonstrable experience in a similar commercial finance role – preferably within an SME retail environment
- Have extensive experience of providing financial support of a commercial nature to large contract clients in a services business
- Be able to demonstrate instances in which you have been able to add direct value to your business area through cost-saving initiatives and general business / reporting improvements
- Look after and develop a small team
In return, you will:
- Work in a senior management capacity for this national business
- Complete autonomy in your role, organising your own workload and generating / leading your own projects
- Be encouraged to exercise your commercial business acumen in terms of increasing margins and improving business
- Enjoy genuine opportunities to advance and progress your career in a successful, growing and highly commercial international business
This operationally-focused senior finance role is a great position for a talented, commercial qualified accountant to test their business and value-adding skills in an environment that will reward this type of success with clear progression opportunities.