We are working on a unique opportunity of a Financial Controller to join a vibrant business based in Walsall. The existing FC is working on reduced hours and is looking to hand the reigns to an eager and ambitious individual.
Reporting directly to the MD of the business, working closely with the International FD and leading a finance team of 3, you will assume responsibility for month-end accounting, statutory accounting and management accounts. You will also produce detailed board reports with commentary & analysis, provision of business intelligence, financial information and various ad-hoc reports to the MD – informing him of the financial position of the business at any given time. Finally, you will assume the budgeting process for the business, as well as business-partnering with budget holders to ensure challenges are addressed, strategy is encouraged and profit continues to be made.
You will also be encouraged to implement efficient controls and procedures to ensure the improvement of accuracy and processes in the finance team, as well as training and developing your team.
What is required
Be a qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) with experience of a similar all-round role including statutory accounting, management accounting, business partnering and financial analysis;
- Be driven, ambitious and motivated with strong organisational skills and initiative (allowing you to create your own workload, and develop your role as the business grows);
- Be an approachable and down-to-earth person, with a confident communication style (you will be advising the business owner and SMT on your recommendations, and need to do so with conviction and authority).
What you will receive
- Work in an high-growth, established and successful business, in a friendly, flexible, open and supportive working environment;
- Gain commercial and operational finance experience working closely with the MD – advising on your recommendations to improve the performance of the business and the strategic direction of the company;
- Receive a competitive salary and rewarding benefits package with great levels of flexibility around your working hours;
- Get a chance to progress and develop your role within the business as it continues to grow, with the prospect of working towards an FD position for the business a real possibility in a relatively short space of time
This is an ideal opportunity for a budding Financial Controller to work in a rewarding, successful and supportive SME business in an important role – giving you real autonomy in managing the entire finance function for the MD.