An established and highly successful renewable energy business in the outskirts of Birmingham are looking to recruit an emergent and driven individual to assume a Senior Finance Manager position in the growing finance team of 8.
Working closely with the Head of Finance in a largely autonomous role, you will take ownership for the UK businesses’ busiest region by turnover, responsible for the financial control, reporting, compliance for the finance function alongside business partnering with senior stakeholders. The information you produce will be the ammunition for you to go and effectively business partner with various budget holders across the region to drive focus on board-agreed strategic initiatives as well as provide general challenge and support with day-to-day budget and performance management.
Furthermore, you will have an active involvement in supporting various projects covering a wide range of financial and operational areas (i.e. process improvements, system upgrades, operational structuring, reporting improvements, etc.) meaning your role will have a really diverse feel.
- You should have values and qualities that match those of the success story that is this global business – drive, ambition, continuous improvement, self-motivation, aspiration and energy. Sharing these values will guarantee your onward progression in the group after success in this role.
- The business sees this role as one to offer to someone with untapped potential who needs an opportunity to step up and elevate their experience to the next level. For this reason, perhaps someone that is recently qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with big ambitions to build their experience quickly might be very well suited.
- You’ll demonstrate and acute balance of tact and strength in your communication style, being able to efficiently influence people based on your relationship and your understanding of how different people will respond differently to the same message.
Why this opportunity?
- You’ll get a chance to implement new procedures and structure to a role that the business recognises needs to be ‘up-skilled’. This means that you’ll get focused support from senior management in order to help you deliver added value in your role.
- Working for this company will afford you great career progression opportunities. In a large finance team, you’ll have an opportunity to go in any direction that you like. Additionally, the business has a proven track record of progressing high-achievers through the business quickly.
- As you will be working in a very fast-paced and commercially-focused environment, the resulting effect on your own professional development will be that much better than an environment with less pace or commercial experience – you’ll build valuable business-partnering experience in a dynamic environment of other high-achievers.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious qualified accountant to accelerate their development and progression with one of the UKs most successful and recognised businesses.