This fast-paced, private equity business in Birmingham is looking to strengthen their Finance team with the appointment of a new Portfolio Accountant.
This role will see you assume responsibility of financial reporting for a group of portfolio’s, preparing statutory accounts, guiding the business through the audit and year-end process, provide technical expertise to the wider finance team (and business as a whole) as well as providing insightful financial analysis relating to group performance to the commercial team and investors.
Assisting the Finance Manager and slotting into a growing accounts department, your focus will be on helping to add value to the business and improve current processes as well as providing accurate and timely financial reporting – making this opportunity more commercially-focussed than a large majority of financial accounting positions.
What is required;
- Have excellent technical financial accounting skills with a background of working either in banking sector, in the audit department of a large practice, or in a group financial accounts department of a large business;
- Be qualified (ACCA or ACA) and looking for a genuine opportunity to advance, progress and develop your career in a large forward-thinking business;
- Have tangible drive, enthusiasm and ambition to help you drive forwards in this business and contribute to your own career development;
What you will receive
- Work in a proactive, fast-paced business during a period of rapid and exciting growth (prospects for longer-term career opportunities are genuine);
- Gain exposure to the commercial operations of a business in a financial accounting role;
- Enjoy a competitive salary with rewards and benefits being given for good performance and loyalty;
- Become an important part of the finance team, helping to contribute in a meaningful way to business improvements and strategic direction;
- Enjoy a good level of autonomy in your role, where you are being encouraged to initiate projects and initiatives to help improve process, procedures and reports in your area.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious Financial Accountant to contribute in a high-growth, successful and forward-thinking national business – enjoying good career prospects and unique commercial exposure as a result.