After a period of significant growth, this global services businesses in Northampton have created a new role for a confident and ambitious Senior Financial Accountant.
Working from their UK Head Office, supporting all divisions of the business in the UK and managing a team of 2 your role will see you managing the production of the statutory accounts and the annual corporate tax computations for the entire UK&I business. Other duties will include providing expertise on technical accounting advice, reviewing controls and procedures, support of the VAT team and general / ad-hoc tasks like assisting with management accounts and budgets and support on a variety of financial projects.
You will need drive, ambition and motivation in equal measure – as this growing business will provide a genuine platform to enjoy personal development and career progression as its success continues.
What is required
- Be a qualified (ACA, ACCA or CTA) accountant with sound technical knowledge (i.e. IFRS, statutory accounting, corporate tax, VAT, etc.), gained either from qualifying in a large accountancy practice or in another financial accounting role within a large business;
- Have experience (or a good understanding) of compliance procedures or similar internal controls testing;
- Have excellent system skills, particularly on Excel (i.e. producing & reviewing complex models);
- Be ambitious with tangible drive, coupled with great people and communication skills.
What you will receive
- Step up into a role with real responsibility, and a unique opportunity to develop your career in a large, successful and growing company;
- Enjoy a varied and responsible role that will utilise your technical skills whilst engaging your interpersonal skills (i.e. managing your team and dealing with different contacts right across the UK business);
- Receive excellent benefits and a market-leading salary
A great opportunity for a talented Financial Accountant who wants their career to really take off in a business large enough to accommodate real ambition, and will actively support your career and personal development.