A fantastic automotive business based in Solihull has experienced record growth and as such, they have created a new role in their finance team for a Financial Accountant.
Supporting the Group FC and working closely in conjunction with the Group Management Accountant, you will help bring a level of technical accounting expertise to the finance team in order to ably support current and continued growth. In a diverse and fulfilling role, you will be charged with preparing statutory accounts and financial reports for various divisions of this business, assisting entities and the group through the year-end and audit processes, reconciliation and ownership of accounts and reports for all group companies and providing financial analysis on the performance of the group (and the factors that drive this performance). Additionally, you will provide financial support to various people in the business to ensure wider implications of decisions are understood, as well as helping to embed an improved understanding of financial and statutory accounting across the business as a whole.
This role will see you take the lead with the audit, working closely with the external auditors and having responsibility for the accounts of over 30 entities. You will have a unique opportunity to get involved with more than simply financial accounting in a business that is evolving and growing steadily. The opportunity for your own role to evolve is not only clear, but requisite to keep pace with the rate of evolution that the company is experiencing. This is a great opportunity for a candidate who is looking for their first move into industry who would want to develop and grow within a business.
What is required
- This opportunity might be very well suited to someone who is newly qualified (ACA or ACCA). Our client is particularly interested in working with candidates who are first time movers.
- You should have good working knowledge of Financial Accounting and recent updates to legislature surrounding it.
- The opportunity is going to require someone who is driven and ambitious, and someone who will challenge themselves in the quest for continual improvement of themselves and development of their career
- You will be an excellent communicator, at ease liaising effectively with people at all levels and from all backgrounds (i.e. ability to influence senior people in a delicate yet powerful way, ability to tailor your language and style to accommodate your audience, etc.)
What you will receive
- The candidate lucky enough to be with the business during this time will have the support of experienced peers who will push you along with your development and progression within the business.
- Work for a successful and impressive business who have cultivated a fantastic culture over the years, this business, promotes internally and really looks after their work force.
- Have access to a competitive salary and exceptional benefits.
A chance for an ambitious financial accountant to join a fantastic international business and to make a real mark on a wide audience of senior leaders and to experience unrivalled opportunities of professional and career development.