This successful professional FMCG business based in Birmingham city centre is looking to appoint an ambitious Commercial Finance Manager to take ownership for commercial finance operations across the UK on a fixed term contract basis.
Assuming a high-profile role as part of the SMT for this large business and managing a commercial finance function, this role will see you lead a team in providing valuable support to the commercial operations for the business (i.e. commercial, sales and marketing) – offering insight and analysis to influence, steer and improve business performance in a meaningful way, therefore helping to drive decisions at a strategic level. Your team will also provide accurate, timely and regular reporting (including detailed commentary) on commercial performance for the board report, whilst initiating and monitoring activities to continually improve margin. You will also be responsible for leading the process for redesigning the reporting framework to further improve the quality of commercial information available to the operations teams during a period of notable growth for the business.
This is a senior level role in a fast-paced and progressive high-profile business, offering direct commercial exposure and a tangible career path towards a more operational / strategic senior position.
Ideally, you will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with notable and demonstrable post-qualified experience in a similar commercial finance role (ideally gained in a professional service environment)
- Have extensive experience of providing insightful financial support of a commercial nature to non-finance people
- Be able to demonstrate instances in which you have been able to add direct value to your business area through commercial awareness, cost-saving initiatives and general business / reporting improvements
- Be able to give examples that demonstrate tangible initiative, ambition and drive in a fast-paced environment
- Be comfortable and skilled in influencing decisions at a strategic and operational level in a large business
- Have a strong academic background, coupled with a confident and assured communication style
In return, you will:
- Work in a senior capacity for a successful, progressive and fast-paced business, enjoying complete autonomy in your role
- Be encouraged to exercise your commercial business acumen in terms of increasing margins and profitability, and influencing operational decisions and strategy
This commercially-focused senior finance role is a great position for a talented qualified accountant to test their business and value-adding skills in an environment that will reward this type of success