Mitchell Adam is working with a large well established services business that is undergoing a sustained period of growth that now need to appoint an assured Finance Manager in their office based in Solihull, where you will run and manage the UK division.
Working closely with the MD and managing a finance team of 6, the successful candidate will be in charge of monthly management accounts including detailed analysis and commentary, compilation of the board report, payroll, business partnering with senior operational staff (providing guidance on budgetary performance issues, and interpreting board-level strategy into meaningful business-level management) – as well as providing project accounting and general financial support to contract and project managers. You will enjoy a broad and varied role in which you can focus on adding value and business-partnering.
Providing accurate and insightful strategic financial information for several senior operational and project managers (both internally and externally with contractors), you will assume a key role in the finance department of a growing business
Ideally, you will:
- Have proven experience of providing financial support of a commercial & operational nature to a wide audience in an SME environment. Experience in another construction business using CIS & WIP will be essential
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with a confident communication style, applicants who are qualified by experience will also be considered
- Have demonstrable organisation skills, allowing you to easily balance concurrent projects and a busy workload, effectively prioritising duties for the benefit of the business
- Be a self-starter with tangible initiative – the role will need a proactive person who can initiate and manage their own priorities / workload in order to be successful
In return, you will:
- Join a growing, commercially-focused, successful and fast-paced organisation that will provide genuine opportunities to develop your career and skill-set in a short space of time
- Gain exposure to a varied portfolio of high-profile projects, giving you great operational and commercial experience in a growing business
- Have the exciting opportunity to establish your own ideas and influence decisions in a business-partnering senior level role, helping to further sharpen your commercial acumen
Are you a qualified Accountant or qualified by experience within the construction industry looking to assume a broad and varied role in a growing and successful business, develop your commercial experience and enjoy fantastic career opportunities? If you answer yes to these two questions you know this is a role to explore further…