This global manufacturing business is looking to appoint a new Finance Manager to oversee the operations of one its plants in South Birmingham.
As number 2 finance person on site and managing a team of 3, you will provide a holistic accounting service to the entire site to include preparation of management accounts, variance analysis, management and KPI reports, maintaining robust financial controls, reviewing month-end close, etc. You will do this from a ‘value-adding’ point of view, utilising your analysis to help drive a continuous focus of improvement of performance of the plant. This will involve partnering with operational staff in order to explain reasons for variances and working with them to educate on how to address issues affecting such issues.
A general all-round finance manager role with a commercial edge, at site level within a global business, this opportunity will offer excellent career progression opportunities in the UK and internationally.
Ideally, you will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA or ACA) with post-qualified experience as a Finance Manager, preferably gained in another manufacturing business;
- Demonstrate instances in which you have provided support of a financial nature to non-finance business in order to effect change & improvement to processes and controls;
- Be driven, ambitious and development focused – with passion for improving processes as well as developing your own experience / career.
In return, you will:
- Work for a successful global group that actively encourage staff & career development as one of its key business values
- Have direct exposure to supporting and driving key commercial and operational decisions that will drive the continued growth, efficiency and success of this plant
- Enjoy a very broad and varied role, ensuring that you keep your technical skills sharp whilst enjoying the business side of finance too
This is an ideal opportunity for any driven Finance Managers to enjoy a broad role in a global business, with the ability to have a real influence on the direction and success of a key business unit.