This global business is looking to appoint an assured Finance Business Partner to strategically support operations of a large division of its UK operation, based primarily from its central finance function in Birmingham.
Working closely with senior operational management and directly supporting the Director of your business area in a high profile role, you will provide accurate, meaningful and insightful financial analysis (to include sales & margin analysis, detailed business analysis and management information, forecasting and commentary, budget management, etc.) to adequately support and facilitate operational decision-making at a strategic level for this complex and fast-paced business. You will also provide budgetary reviews with a variety of stakeholders in order to help drive a continued focus on improving profitability and growth.
The successful applicant will be heavily involved in strategy and performance across multiple departments, working directly with stakeholders to help deliver value-adding and commercially focused support designed to improve margin.
Ideally, you will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with demonstrable experience of producing financial analysis in a commercial environment (preferably in a business partner capacity)
- Have experience of providing financial support of a commercial nature to non-finance people, with proven experience of providing insightful and detailed information
- Be able to demonstrate instances in which you have been able to add direct value to your business area through cost-saving initiatives, general business / reporting improvements and informing strategic business decisions
- Possess strong excel skills allowing for quick and efficient interpretation of performance data
In return, you will:
- Work in a senior capacity for well known business, enjoying autonomy in your role – organising your own workload and generating / leading your own projects
- Develop your commercial business acumen in terms of helping to increase margins and profitability of your business area
- Enjoy genuine opportunities to advance and progress your career in a successful, growing and highly commercial business
This operationally-focused senior finance role is a great position for a talented, commercial qualified accountant to test their business and value-adding skills in an environment that will reward this type of success with clear progression opportunities.