We are looking to help a high-growth retail business appoint a new Finance Business Partner to strengthen the Birmingham-based head office.
This role is highly operational, and will involve you working closely with project leads in order to implement more efficient controls on the project portfolio for the business. You will be the mediator between Finance and Projects; on one hand giving the senior finance team accurate reporting and an appraisal of the current and future state of each project, and on the other hand working very closely with the project teams to perform budgetary reviews, influence decisions and generally improve performance and efficiency of the entire project portfolio. Being a new role for the business, you will be trusted to create and manage your own workload and will receive a high level of autonomy in order to do so. You certainly will have a genuine opportunity to make a positive impact in your role, gaining direct commercial and operational experience and having direct influence over project performance.
This is a senior level role in a fast-paced and progressive, high-profile and well-known business, offering direct commercial exposure and a tangible career path towards a more strategic senior position in the future.
What is required
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with notable post-qualified experience in a similar operational finance role;
- Have a talent for working successfully with other people across a business network, particularly in building highly effective relationships and gaining trust / credibility from operational staff;
- Demonstrate tangible achievements that highlight your ability explain and present complex issues and strategy in a simple and practical way that your audience can understand, buy into and quickly apply;
- Have experience of being able to analyse large amounts of data and quickly identify appropriate trends and patterns that can provide a path to commercial change.
What is required
- Work in a senior capacity for a high-growth, progressive and fast-paced business, enjoying complete autonomy in your role;
- Be encouraged to exercise your commercial business acumen in terms of improving efficiency, processes and profitability, and influencing operational decisions and strategy;
- Work with talented, driven and successful peers in a growing environment that promotes ambition, drive, initiative and original thinking.
This operationally-focused Finance Business Partner role is a great opportunity for a talented individual to test their business and value-adding skills in an environment that will reward this type of success with clear and genuine progression opportunities.