This FTSE listed business based just outside of South Birmingham (hybrid working offered) requires a commercial astute, newly qualified Accountant to join their highly acquisitive divisional business due to expansion
This role will see you provide meaningful strategic support to the commercial and operational teams for the business to facilitate better decision-making. You will work on the monthly performance review process with the Directors and their teams, understanding performance and driving management action.
You will also push change where required at different levels right across the business. In all instances, you will need to be able to gain buy-in quickly, challenge people appropriately and be strong enough to push your agenda for the overall benefit of the business.
Ideally, you will:
- Be a newly qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) or someone with a couple of year post-qualified experience in a similar commercial finance role – ideally within a retail or FMCG business
- Have extensive experience of providing financial support of a commercial nature to non-finance people – effectively managing these relationships for the benefit of the business (understanding the importance of challenging and ‘pushing back’ when needed)
- Possess excellent analysis skills, enabling you to quickly extrapolate insightful trends and patterns for large amounts of raw sales & performance data
- Be able to demonstrate instances in which you have been able to add direct value to your business area through cost-saving initiatives and general business / reporting improvements
In return, you will:
- Work in a senior capacity for growing & commercially focused business, enjoying complete autonomy in your role – organising your own workload and generating / leading your own projects
- Build your commercial & business acumen by directly supporting decisions at the front end of this fast-paced business
- Work with several high-profile commercial people (both in finance and non-finance) to help you build your overall experience / profile
This commercially focused senior finance role is a great position for a talented, commercial, qualified accountant to test their business and value-adding skills in a large, growing and ambitious business.