An amazing finance opportunity has come up within a fast-growing business near the Birmingham Business Park area for a Bookkeeper! This position offers the chance for someone to take charge of a business’s finances, as this is a stand-alone role where you will be the sole finance person, supporting the external accountants. One of the benefits of this being a stand-alone role is that it will be ever changing, you will have your finger in all the pies and each day will be something new!
This position will have the successful applicant getting involved with a range of responsibilities, such as Purchase Ledger, where you will process invoices, reconcile statements, process payment runs etc. Also involved with the sales ledger where you will be raising invoices, chasing payments, resolving queries etc. Additionally you will be involved with the banking and other finance tasks. Although this seems like a full-on challenging role, someone with 1-2 years within a broad finance role, such as an Accounts Assistant, would be perfect for this Bookkeeping position! It is more about finding the right personality fit for this business then it is finding someone with all the bells and whistles – they are happy to provide additional training!
- Be immediately available, this position is ideally looking to get started ASAP so being immediately available or on a one week notice would be beneficial.
- Have worked within a broad finance role previously, where you were involved in both purchase ledger and sales ledger responsibilities.
- Have a keen eye for detail and love to get involved with all aspects of a business as this role with have other interesting ad-hoc responsibilities such as business partnering tasks.
- Have strong customer service skills, this role will be a front face for the business when it comes to resolving queries etc. so a strong communicator is a must!
What you will receive
- Have the option for flexible working; this business is open to the idea of the successful person working from home 1-2 days a week.
- Be provided with a work laptop, phone, working from home set up to provide you with all the tools to be successful within this role!
- Get the opportunity to take a step up in your career and take on an exciting, broad role where you will get to take charge of your own role and make the most of it!
- Be involved with in a range of responsibilities, this is a broad role where you are involved in finance tasks among other ad-hoc duties passed on by the directors.
If you are someone who has been working in a finance role for a few years who is looking to take a step up and take on a more individual role, while still getting to work in a team then this position is for you! This role provides an exciting, wide-ranging environment and could be the perfect role you have been searching for! If this sounds like the job for you, then please submit your application now!