An exciting logistics business, based in the Solihull area, is looking for a Graduate Accountant to take on an exciting Assistant Management Accountant role! This role is a maternity cover and will be for roughly 6-9 months initially, however this is a large business who are known for recognising talent and if you are in the business, doing a good job, there is every chance you could be taken on permanently after this contract. This role is looking for someone to come in and support with management account tasks such as preparing the profit and loss and conducting variance analysis, although ideally they are looking for someone who has done a similar role they have said they are open to a graduate who is looking to take this step up!
Ideally, you will have prior experience in a finance department, particularly having worked with reconciliations before and be confident with this responsibility. This role will also have you preparing the profit and loss and posting relevant journals for this, although it is not essential you have touched on these tasks before, it would be beneficial. The key thing is that the successful candidate will need to be familiar with what profit and loss is, ideally from a degree, and is familiar with journal postings and how this affects the balance sheet. Due to the temporary nature of this role, we are ideally looking for someone who is immediately available or on a short term notice, so if the above sounds like you then please apply now!
- Be immediately available or on a one week notice, this position is looking to start quite quickly!
- Have previously worked within a finance role, where you gained exposure to reconciliations and ideally profit and loss tasks.
- Have strong excel skills, as processing data on excel, generating reports and updating spreadsheets will all be part of this position, ideally being familiar with V-Lookups and Sum-Ifs.
- Be an adaptable and team player kind of person, the demands and priorities of this role will be ever changing and they need someone who can be reactive to this.
What you will receive
- Have the amazing opportunity to gain experience with a management accountant environment, learning invaluable experiences such as profit and loss and variance analysis.
- Have the opportunity to go permanent, although this is a temporary role this business definitely recognise talent and will not let someone go if they are a strong worker!
- Work for a business that if the role does go permanent they offer great progression opportunities and benefits (study support).
- Work within a supportive team who are easy going and love a laugh, they are the type to support each other with deadlines and always tackle every task as a team.
If you have the experience that our clients are looking for and you think you are the right fit for this position, then please submit your application now to hear more about this amazing opportunity!