A really exciting job opportunity has become available in the beating heart of Birmingham City Centre for someone with 3-5 years finance experience who is now looking to take a step up in a new, challenging role such as this amazing Assistant Accountant role. This role is looking for someone with an all-rounder transactional experience who has been starting to make that step up recently, who is now ready to take on a role where they can take control of a range of more senior tasks. The ideal person will have had exposure to purchase ledger, sales ledger, banking, month end and be someone who is strong on excel and is now looking to get more involved with reporting and presenting these reports to management.
This role will be supporting the Group Financial Controller as well as working closely with the Management Accountant. The successful person will be supporting with maintaining the company’s financial records on a daily basis, assisting with the preparation of the management account packs, preparing cash flow reports, looking after the budgets and forecasts reports, as well as a range of other tasks. This role is looking to begin quite quickly and as a result, they are looking to recruit for this position on a temporary to permanent basis, so please only apply if you are immediately available or on a short notice period.
- Be immediately available or on a one week notice, this position is looking to start quite quickly!
- Have previous all-rounder transactional finance experience, as this knowledge/experience is crucial in terms of learning the skills/tasks required in this role.
- Have strong excel skills, as processing data on excel, generating reports and updating spreadsheets will all be part of this position.
- Have strong attention to detail as you will be reviewing expenditure and budgets and looking for discrepancies and variances.
What you will receive
- Work for a business that when the role does go permanent, they offer great progression opportunities and benefits (study support)
- Have the opportunity to take a step up into this amazing progressive role, this position is not looking for someone who has done this role previously but instead someone who is eager to learn!
- Work closely with the Group FC and Management Accountant, providing the successful person with priceless opportunities to learn and expand their experience.
- Begin this role as a temporary worker, giving you the opportunity to make sure you are ready for this step up before having the opportunity to convert over to permanent.
If you have the experience that our clients are looking for and you think you are the right fit for this position, then please submit your application now to hear more about this amazing opportunity!