Mitchell Adam are delighted to be supporting our long term Client with new roles into the New Year to continue bolstering their organically growing and progressive finance function. This retail giant has been growing across all teams, and is now looking for a motivated Assistant Accountant to come and join the Operational Finance team, based in their head office in south Birmingham. The successful candidate in this role will get excellent exposure reporting into a business partner to assist with the compiling of month end reports.
The day to day in this role will be largely familiar to the candidate we are looking for, but with added responsibility and a fast pace. You will initially be assisting with the analysis of invoices, reconciliations and balance sheets, before extrapolating data from large data sets to understand operational cost and relay your findings to assist in controlling these, to deliver accurate month end accounts, including budgeting, forecasting and variance. Due to the skills needed, this role suits a commercially minded individual with confidence in their Excel ability.
- Due to the amount of data you will use to create your accurate reports, a high level of Excel skill is desirable, including the ability to implement Pivot tables, and ideally IF statements (although desirable this is not a necessity).
- You must be a confident communicator, as you will be liaising with various internal stakeholders from retail, product and operations teams.
- Some prior month end experience is essential to allow you to hit the ground running. An understanding of balance sheets, accrual and prepayment journals will assist this.
- We are looking for a part qualified and actively studying individual looking to grow and qualify within the business.
What you will receive
- You will have access to an incredible study package to allow you to continue your professional development.
- Have the ability to work from home three times a week to encourage a healthy work/life balance.
- Gain fantastic industry exposure under partners of the business that can impart their niche experience on you.
- Have a great amount of mobility to move, grow and progress through the business in various teams and roles within finance.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for a progressive, dynamic and switched on Assistant Accountant to take a step into a huge business with lots of potential. If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please apply now to avoid missing out.